To ensure even cooking, begin by pounding down (flattening) your chicken breast. This process tenderizes the meat and promotes uniformity in cooking.
- Tip: Flatten your chicken breasts ahead of time and store them in portion-sized bags in the freezer. Grab one in the morning to save time.
- If you don’t have a meat tenderizer, simply flatten the meat using a wooden rolling pin.
- Brown the chicken breast, on each side, in a hot pan before seasoning.
How to Prepare Your Chicken Breast
Generously coat the chicken breast with Rabeko Zero Andalouse or Samuri, a mildly spicy tomato sauce that is sugar-free and low in carbs.
Next, season the chicken coating with your preferred spices. I prefer using ready-made seasonings such as “The Keg Chicken and Rub Spice” or “Hot Mamas Barbecue Seasoning” (available in our store). Then you can mix in a dash of Chipotle Chili for an extra kick.
Move the chicken to the air fryer and cook at 375°F until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. The cooking duration will vary from 10 to 20 minutes, considering the thickness of the chicken breast and whether it was browned beforehand.
Serve with Spanish Cauliflower Rice
While the chicken is cooking add 1 cup of riced cauliflower and 1/2 cup of diced peppers, 1/2 cup diced tomato. Add 1/2 cup of broth and microwave for 4 minutes until vegetables are soft. Sauté for 2-3 minutes until the vegetables have soaked up most of the liquid.
Add in 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or stock, 1 – 2 tablespoons of the Andalouse or Samuri Sauce, a dash of chili powder. Coat the vegetables well.
Spanish Chicken & RiceCourse: Dinner Ideas, Phase 1
1 8oz chicken breast raw
1/4 cup Rabeko Zero Andalouse or Samuri
Hot Mamas BBQ Spice (or similar no sugar added spice mix)
Dash of Chipotle Chili
2 teaspoons oil
1/2 cup fat free broth
- Heat a nonstick pan, add in oil.
- Brown chicken on each side.
- Pound down chicken breast
- Coat Chicken in Rabeko Sauce
- Generously sprinkle BBQ spice and a dash of chipotle spice on each side of chicken.
- Add chicken to air fryer basket and cook until internal temp reaches 165. Approximately 10 – 20 min. depends on thickness of chicken.
- Add the vegetables to a microwave safe bowl with stock and cook for 4 minutes.
- Then sauté the vegetables in a hot pan until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir in 1 – 2 tablespoons of the sauce, a sprinkle of extra spice and enough water to make a sauce.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve with Spanish Rice