- 1/2 cup room temperature butter (or full fat cream cheese) or 1/4 cup of ea. (my favorite)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup sugar free chocolate chips
- 1.5 tablespoons sweetener
- 1.5 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or caramel flavor
* Icing sugar can be omitted and replaced with your choice of sweetener.
This icing recipe is ideal for a pan of brownies. By using a blend of sweeteners such as chocolate chips, erythritol, and sugar, you can achieve a more harmonious taste that isn’t too over powering. I recommended to stop adding sweetener when the icing is semi-sweet, rather than trying to replicate a one-to-one sugar replacement, which can be too artificially sweet.
Beat butter until fluffly, then add in cocoa powder and blend.
Take a tablespoon of the butter mixture and put in a microwave safe, small glass bowl. Microwave for 15 seconds.
Add chocolate chips to the warm butter, stir, then microwave for 10 more seconds. Stir again. If the chocolate is not quite melted enough microwave for another 10 seconds, stir until smooth. (do not over heat chocolate)
Add melted chocolate to whipped butter and beat.
Add in sweetener and flavor and beat until smooth. Spread on cooled brownies and set in fridge.