- 2 cups walnuts
- 1 Tablespoon egg white
- 1/2 Tablespoon sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon melted butter.
- pinch of salt
Ingredients Pie Filling
- 2 blocks full fat cream cheese (room temp)
- 1/4 cup pure pumpkin
- 2 eggs (room temp)
- 1/4 cup Sweetener (Brown Sugar Swerve)
- 1-2 Tablespoons Sugar Free Maple Syrup
- 2-3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 pkg sugar free vanilla pudding (keto)
- 1 Tablespoon sweetener (granular works best)
- Sugar Free Caramel Syrup (Walden Farms or Rabeko)
- Roast the walnuts for 10 minutes until lightly browned. Let Cool.
- Add Walnuts to food processor or bullet blender and pulse to medium consistency. (not too fine, this will keep the crust from getting soggy)
- Add crumbs to a bowl and mix in sweetener and spice. Blend in liquid ingredients.
- Press into a pie plate and bake for 15 minutes at 350. Should be lightly golden. Let cool.
- Mix cream cheese in a stand up mixer or with electric mixer until a smooth consistency.
- Beat in sugar and spice.
- Beat in pumpkin. ** You are just incorporating ingredients once the cheese is smooth, do not over beat.
- Beat in one egg at a time
- Mix in 1 Tablespoon of Maple Syrup. Taste test to see if the batter is sweet enough, you can add in 1 more Tablespoon of syrup.
- Pour pie batter into the cooled pie crust
- Bake for 40 – 45 minutes at 350. Pie should be cooked well on the sides and a little soft in the center.
- Let cool on the counter before refrigerating.
Instructions Whipping cream
- Add whipping cream to a bowl start to beat
- When the cream starts to thicken add in 1 Tablespoon of vanilla pudding. This will stabilize the whipping cream. *Optional add in 1/2 Tablespoon sweetener.
- Pipe on to cooled pie.
Blend 1/4 cup Rabeko Zero Caramel Sauce with 1 teaspoon vanilla pudding to thicken. If using Walden Farms Caramel blend with a little cream to thin. Drizzle on cooled pie.
To ensure that your desserts are not overly sweet, it’s important to use sweeteners sparingly. By using multiple sweeteners such as Brown Sugar Swerve and Maple Syrup the achieved result is a more balanced taste.
Low carb baking tastes sweeter once it bakes and cools and is always better the next day.